My favorite part of Superbad is when Seth (Jonah Hill) says, “I’m getting that fasho,” resulting in a minute or two of tangible, stomach-churning awkwardness. Newcomer Lee How’s Fasho, however, is just as enjoyable and far less awkward as the Booth rookie pulls double-duty on this effort. A fuzzy, chopped vocal sample imbues the artist’s vibrant beat with a splash of old-school appeal. Behind the mic, Lee is just as impressive, exhibiting a refreshing, charismatic flow. The Windy City native really puts his heart into the cut, and the genuineness of his style makes the record all the more enjoyable. Those in search of more are encourage to check out Lee’s 2012 mixtape, Blissful Limbo (“I’ll be getting that fasho”).
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.