A few weeks ago, DJ Booth premiered Jive signee Lee Carr‘s buzz track Never Let U Go. Shortly after his signing, however, Lee got ahold of big-name singer/songwriter The-Dream to assist with a new ode to fine females and their footwear fashion, Stiletto. Although The-Dream has written plenty of songs for other artists, Stiletto stands out because of its descriptive lyrics (along with Los’ upbeat production), making it sound like something Mr. Nash could have recorded for his own debut album, Love/Hate. Lee’s debut album, In The Third Lane, is set for release later this year; something tells us Stiletto will help that date come sooner instead of later.
Written by Burmy on 04/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let U Go" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.