After paying his dues on New York’s underground scene, singer/songwriter/producer Lee Carr finally got a break when a major label record deal fell to his feet. Before thinking it’s all sunshine and roses for Mr. Carr, though, allow us to inform you that his new label is Jive Records; notorious for constantly delaying their artists’ projects. Since introducing a brand new artist is never an easy task, Lee will try his best hand with the slow ballad, Never Let U Go. Setting himself apart, like many before him, Carr puts a little voice box into the chorus (Jive must be having a sale on them) and adds an old-school beat courtesy of the Mental Instruments. All in all it makes for an enjoyable track, but will it get the label’s attention?
Written by Burmy on 03/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.