After paying his dues on New York’s underground scene, singer/songwriter/producer Lee Carr finally got a break when a major label record deal fell to his feet. Before thinking it’s all sunshine and roses for Mr. Carr, though, allow us to inform you that his new label is Jive Records; notorious for constantly delaying their artists’ projects. Since introducing a brand new artist is never an easy task, Lee will try his best hand with the slow ballad, Never Let U Go. Setting himself apart, like many before him, Carr puts a little voice box into the chorus (Jive must be having a sale on them) and adds an old-school beat courtesy of the Mental Instruments. All in all it makes for an enjoyable track, but will it get the label’s attention?
Written by Burmy on 03/27/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.