After paying his dues on New York’s underground scene, singer/songwriter/producer Lee Carr finally got a break when a major label record deal fell to his feet. Before thinking it’s all sunshine and roses for Mr. Carr, though, allow us to inform you that his new label is Jive Records; notorious for constantly delaying their artists’ projects. Since introducing a brand new artist is never an easy task, Lee will try his best hand with the slow ballad, Never Let U Go. Setting himself apart, like many before him, Carr puts a little voice box into the chorus (Jive must be having a sale on them) and adds an old-school beat courtesy of the Mental Instruments. All in all it makes for an enjoyable track, but will it get the label’s attention?
Written by Burmy on 03/27/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.