About fourteen months ago, the Booth premiered then-brand new Jive signee Lee Carr‘s debut single attempt, Never Let U Go. Despite ultra-positive reviews for that record and his other four Booth features, the NYC native is still no closer to a solid release date for his self-titled album—that’s likely the reason he and his Third Lane Music Group are currently trying to negotiate a release from their contract with Jive (as are quite a few others). Hoping to have a new label lined up as quickly as possible, this new single finds Lee heading out to the bar; when he spots a shorty sipping on Patron, he introduces himself and suggests they make some Rhythm & Nuvo together. Swagg Team head honcho Yung Joc jumps on board to spit a super-slick guest verse, helping to make Patron into a bona fide bar anthem. Two primary questions remain, though: one, will any new labels be attracted to it, and, two, if it’s a hit, will Jive be willing to let him go?
Written by Burmy on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let U Go" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.