About fourteen months ago, the Booth premiered then-brand new Jive signee Lee Carr‘s debut single attempt, Never Let U Go. Despite ultra-positive reviews for that record and his other four Booth features, the NYC native is still no closer to a solid release date for his self-titled album—that’s likely the reason he and his Third Lane Music Group are currently trying to negotiate a release from their contract with Jive (as are quite a few others). Hoping to have a new label lined up as quickly as possible, this new single finds Lee heading out to the bar; when he spots a shorty sipping on Patron, he introduces himself and suggests they make some Rhythm & Nuvo together. Swagg Team head honcho Yung Joc jumps on board to spit a super-slick guest verse, helping to make Patron into a bona fide bar anthem. Two primary questions remain, though: one, will any new labels be attracted to it, and, two, if it’s a hit, will Jive be willing to let him go?
Written by Burmy on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let U Go" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.