About fourteen months ago, the Booth premiered then-brand new Jive signee Lee Carr‘s debut single attempt, Never Let U Go. Despite ultra-positive reviews for that record and his other four Booth features, the NYC native is still no closer to a solid release date for his self-titled album—that’s likely the reason he and his Third Lane Music Group are currently trying to negotiate a release from their contract with Jive (as are quite a few others). Hoping to have a new label lined up as quickly as possible, this new single finds Lee heading out to the bar; when he spots a shorty sipping on Patron, he introduces himself and suggests they make some Rhythm & Nuvo together. Swagg Team head honcho Yung Joc jumps on board to spit a super-slick guest verse, helping to make Patron into a bona fide bar anthem. Two primary questions remain, though: one, will any new labels be attracted to it, and, two, if it’s a hit, will Jive be willing to let him go?
Written by Burmy on 05/10/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let U Go" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.