About fourteen months ago, the Booth premiered then-brand new Jive signee Lee Carr‘s debut single attempt, Never Let U Go. Despite ultra-positive reviews for that record and his other four Booth features, the NYC native is still no closer to a solid release date for his self-titled album—that’s likely the reason he and his Third Lane Music Group are currently trying to negotiate a release from their contract with Jive (as are quite a few others). Hoping to have a new label lined up as quickly as possible, this new single finds Lee heading out to the bar; when he spots a shorty sipping on Patron, he introduces himself and suggests they make some Rhythm & Nuvo together. Swagg Team head honcho Yung Joc jumps on board to spit a super-slick guest verse, helping to make Patron into a bona fide bar anthem. Two primary questions remain, though: one, will any new labels be attracted to it, and, two, if it’s a hit, will Jive be willing to let him go?
Written by Burmy on 05/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let U Go" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.