Following the semi-success of Lee Carr’s summer single, Stilettos, several ‘outside’ remixes have popped up on the Net. Luckily for our readers, one in particular arrived in our inbox. Emcees and fellow New Yorkers Cardan and Bathgate have added chic verses about flashiness and the look of a shorty wearing designer heels to this already catchy record. Replacing the original production work of L.O.S. Da Maestro are DJ Suss One and JButtah, who create an up-tempo, old-school beat that samples the classic, Eric B. Is President. One thing is for certain: if wearing stilettos is this enjoyable, plenty of women’s sneaker lines will soon be on the road to bankruptcy. Carr is set to drop his Jive debut, In The Third Lane, later this year.
Written by Erica L. on 08/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let U Go" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.