Following the semi-success of Lee Carr’s summer single, Stilettos, several ‘outside’ remixes have popped up on the Net. Luckily for our readers, one in particular arrived in our inbox. Emcees and fellow New Yorkers Cardan and Bathgate have added chic verses about flashiness and the look of a shorty wearing designer heels to this already catchy record. Replacing the original production work of L.O.S. Da Maestro are DJ Suss One and JButtah, who create an up-tempo, old-school beat that samples the classic, Eric B. Is President. One thing is for certain: if wearing stilettos is this enjoyable, plenty of women’s sneaker lines will soon be on the road to bankruptcy. Carr is set to drop his Jive debut, In The Third Lane, later this year.
Written by Erica L. on 08/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Never Let U Go" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.