Since returning from Los Angeles this weekend, I’ve only wanted to listen to Left Coast rappers. Alongside the beautiful weather and plethora of multicultural women, Cali’s new era music is definitely on point. One of the folks making noise is Sac-town producer Lee Bannon, who enlists Cool Kid Chuck Inglish for his latest off of his upcoming Fantastic Plastic full-length. Search & Destroy opens with a distorted and synth-filled beat Inglish uses to drop a mellow and relaxed verse before Bannon takes full control, cutting in and out while adding more layers to the production, providing both a robotic and spacey feel. At times feeling more “out there” than “inside the box,” Bannon definitely provides the soundtrack to all the space crusaders and invaders amongst us for future missions to the motherland, or mothership, wherever your travel agent suggests. Bannon’s Fantastic Plastic is set to drop in early 2012 (or 2054, depending on light years) via Plug Research and Kash Roc.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/25/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Return pt.2" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.