Since returning from Los Angeles this weekend, I’ve only wanted to listen to Left Coast rappers. Alongside the beautiful weather and plethora of multicultural women, Cali’s new era music is definitely on point. One of the folks making noise is Sac-town producer Lee Bannon, who enlists Cool Kid Chuck Inglish for his latest off of his upcoming Fantastic Plastic full-length. Search & Destroy opens with a distorted and synth-filled beat Inglish uses to drop a mellow and relaxed verse before Bannon takes full control, cutting in and out while adding more layers to the production, providing both a robotic and spacey feel. At times feeling more “out there” than “inside the box,” Bannon definitely provides the soundtrack to all the space crusaders and invaders amongst us for future missions to the motherland, or mothership, wherever your travel agent suggests. Bannon’s Fantastic Plastic is set to drop in early 2012 (or 2054, depending on light years) via Plug Research and Kash Roc.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Return pt.2" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.