Since returning from Los Angeles this weekend, I’ve only wanted to listen to Left Coast rappers. Alongside the beautiful weather and plethora of multicultural women, Cali’s new era music is definitely on point. One of the folks making noise is Sac-town producer Lee Bannon, who enlists Cool Kid Chuck Inglish for his latest off of his upcoming Fantastic Plastic full-length. Search & Destroy opens with a distorted and synth-filled beat Inglish uses to drop a mellow and relaxed verse before Bannon takes full control, cutting in and out while adding more layers to the production, providing both a robotic and spacey feel. At times feeling more “out there” than “inside the box,” Bannon definitely provides the soundtrack to all the space crusaders and invaders amongst us for future missions to the motherland, or mothership, wherever your travel agent suggests. Bannon’s Fantastic Plastic is set to drop in early 2012 (or 2054, depending on light years) via Plug Research and Kash Roc.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Return pt.2" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.