Back in February, Thurzday and Y.O. of U-N-I teamed up with Talib Kweli for Return, a cut that earned reader applause for the emcees’ blazing hot verses as well as Music Man producer Lee Bannon‘s narcoticly hazy instrumental. Now, all involved in that Booth smash are back again again, this time with a few more collaborators in tow. New mixtape leak The Return pt.2, Bannon’s first feature as an artist, retains his spare instrumental, the sung hook, and two of the original verses, but features new bars from Zion I emcee Zumbi and Brooklyn buzzmaker Sha Stimuli—the latter’s energetically-flowed final verse is a definite standout, and ends the cut on a high note. The left-of-center style that set Return apart from the pack is no less fresh in pt.2, and the added verses make this retread a welcome one. Those who like what they’re hearing can find more hot beats and high-caliber guest bars on Bannon’s Check Point mixtape, set to hit the ‘net September 30.
Written by richard on 09/14/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Search & Destroy" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.