Booth newcomer Lecs Luther may call Dublin, Ireland home, but the 17-year-old rhymesayer would fit right in among the precocious, diabolically clever wunderkinder currently building their buzz on both U.S. coasts. Cut from a similar cloth as Joey Bad@$$ (who shares his DOOM influence) and Odd Future (in their mellower moments), the up-and-comer nonetheless showcases an intellectually blunted style all his own on new promo single Meddling Loops. Released along with eclectic, animated visuals by Jitterbug Productions, the record finds Luther mixing hazy wordplay and internal rhyme with fragmentary reflections on current and historic racial politics: “Deadlocked, share-crop cotton-picker with no socks, Nike Airmax, balaclava matchin’ the pink socks / Starin’ the judge in his f**kin’ mug, I’m so goon, I spit these rhymes porky for the pigs that drink their coffee, too.” Joining the headliner over his own headnodic sample work (as Rejjie Snow), fellow UK buzzmakers Crave and Jesse James contribute equally intricate, deadpan guest rhymes. This joint is unattached to any forthcoming project, but fans should stay tuned—I have a feeling we’ll be hearing more from Lecs and company in the near future.
Written by richard on 06/26/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.