Previously featured as a guest on cuts by Saigon (Best Thing That I Found) and Statik Selektah (Live & Let Live), Grammy-winning Christian rap artist Lecrae steps into the solo Booth spotlight with a freshly-minted, non-album promo single. On Round of Applause, a trunk-banging KE On The Track instrumental backs the emcee as he salutes black men who beat the odds and defy stereotypes by achieving financial security through legal means, and women who support themselves without compromising their dignity. ATL hitmaker B.o.B revisits his own success story in a triumphant middle 16. This joint, as mentioned above, isn’t part of a larger project, but those who haven’t already are high encouraged to cop Lecrae’s sixth studio album, Gravity.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live & Let Live" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.