Previously featured as a guest on cuts by Saigon (Best Thing That I Found) and Statik Selektah (Live & Let Live), Grammy-winning Christian rap artist Lecrae steps into the solo Booth spotlight with a freshly-minted, non-album promo single. On Round of Applause, a trunk-banging KE On The Track instrumental backs the emcee as he salutes black men who beat the odds and defy stereotypes by achieving financial security through legal means, and women who support themselves without compromising their dignity. ATL hitmaker B.o.B revisits his own success story in a triumphant middle 16. This joint, as mentioned above, isn’t part of a larger project, but those who haven’t already are high encouraged to cop Lecrae’s sixth studio album, Gravity.
Written by richard on 05/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live & Let Live" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.