Ever wondered why aviators shout “Mayday” when they’re in trouble? I didn’t until just now but, since I took the time to look it up, I’m going to fill you in: according to Wikipedia, it’s derived from the French “m’aider,” meaning “help me.” Let it not be said that The DJBooth never taught you anything. The first solo feature and latest single from Lecrae, an ATL rhymesayer previously heard delivering guest bars on Statik Selektah‘s Live & Let Live, finds the artist shouting the famous distress call to the Man Upstairs as he realizes what’s in store for him if he continues living a life of crime. Joining the headliner over DJ Khalil‘s lush, piano-laced production, Southern heavyweight Big K.R.I.T. also chronicles his own struggle to live up to his spiritual standards on verse two, and American Idol alum Ashton Jones tops the record off with her soaring hook vocals. For more, check out Lecrae’s Gravity LP when it drops September 4, via Reach Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live & Let Live" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.