Ever wondered why aviators shout “Mayday” when they’re in trouble? I didn’t until just now but, since I took the time to look it up, I’m going to fill you in: according to Wikipedia, it’s derived from the French “m’aider,” meaning “help me.” Let it not be said that The DJBooth never taught you anything. The first solo feature and latest single from Lecrae, an ATL rhymesayer previously heard delivering guest bars on Statik Selektah‘s Live & Let Live, finds the artist shouting the famous distress call to the Man Upstairs as he realizes what’s in store for him if he continues living a life of crime. Joining the headliner over DJ Khalil‘s lush, piano-laced production, Southern heavyweight Big K.R.I.T. also chronicles his own struggle to live up to his spiritual standards on verse two, and American Idol alum Ashton Jones tops the record off with her soaring hook vocals. For more, check out Lecrae’s Gravity LP when it drops September 4, via Reach Records.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live & Let Live" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.