Ever wondered why aviators shout “Mayday” when they’re in trouble? I didn’t until just now but, since I took the time to look it up, I’m going to fill you in: according to Wikipedia, it’s derived from the French “m’aider,” meaning “help me.” Let it not be said that The DJBooth never taught you anything. The first solo feature and latest single from Lecrae, an ATL rhymesayer previously heard delivering guest bars on Statik Selektah‘s Live & Let Live, finds the artist shouting the famous distress call to the Man Upstairs as he realizes what’s in store for him if he continues living a life of crime. Joining the headliner over DJ Khalil‘s lush, piano-laced production, Southern heavyweight Big K.R.I.T. also chronicles his own struggle to live up to his spiritual standards on verse two, and American Idol alum Ashton Jones tops the record off with her soaring hook vocals. For more, check out Lecrae’s Gravity LP when it drops September 4, via Reach Records.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live & Let Live" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.