Ever wondered why aviators shout “Mayday” when they’re in trouble? I didn’t until just now but, since I took the time to look it up, I’m going to fill you in: according to Wikipedia, it’s derived from the French “m’aider,” meaning “help me.” Let it not be said that The DJBooth never taught you anything. The first solo feature and latest single from Lecrae, an ATL rhymesayer previously heard delivering guest bars on Statik Selektah‘s Live & Let Live, finds the artist shouting the famous distress call to the Man Upstairs as he realizes what’s in store for him if he continues living a life of crime. Joining the headliner over DJ Khalil‘s lush, piano-laced production, Southern heavyweight Big K.R.I.T. also chronicles his own struggle to live up to his spiritual standards on verse two, and American Idol alum Ashton Jones tops the record off with her soaring hook vocals. For more, check out Lecrae’s Gravity LP when it drops September 4, via Reach Records.
Written by richard on 08/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Live & Let Live" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.