Joey Purp and Kami de Chukwu, two previously-featured members of Chi-town’s SAVEMONEY collective, have come together to form hip-hop duo Leather Corduroys. Their first release as a crew, new promo single Prophet, finds the rhymesayers doing a little lyrical soothsaying over a dreamy, sampled beat by THEMPeople. While neither their nor guest emcee theMIND‘s bars feature much in the way of concrete prophecies, I can make one airtight prediction based on the agile, witty rhymes on display here: we’ll be hearing a lot more from Leather Corduroys in the near future. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)