Joey Purp and Kami de Chukwu, two previously-featured members of Chi-town’s SAVEMONEY collective, have come together to form hip-hop duo Leather Corduroys. Their first release as a crew, new promo single Prophet, finds the rhymesayers doing a little lyrical soothsaying over a dreamy, sampled beat by THEMPeople. While neither their nor guest emcee theMIND‘s bars feature much in the way of concrete prophecies, I can make one airtight prediction based on the agile, witty rhymes on display here: we’ll be hearing a lot more from Leather Corduroys in the near future. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.