Joey Purp and Kami de Chukwu, two previously-featured members of Chi-town’s SAVEMONEY collective, have come together to form hip-hop duo Leather Corduroys. Their first release as a crew, new promo single Prophet, finds the rhymesayers doing a little lyrical soothsaying over a dreamy, sampled beat by THEMPeople. While neither their nor guest emcee theMIND‘s bars feature much in the way of concrete prophecies, I can make one airtight prediction based on the agile, witty rhymes on display here: we’ll be hearing a lot more from Leather Corduroys in the near future. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.