Joey Purp and Kami de Chukwu, two previously-featured members of Chi-town’s SAVEMONEY collective, have come together to form hip-hop duo Leather Corduroys. Their first release as a crew, new promo single Prophet, finds the rhymesayers doing a little lyrical soothsaying over a dreamy, sampled beat by THEMPeople. While neither their nor guest emcee theMIND‘s bars feature much in the way of concrete prophecies, I can make one airtight prediction based on the agile, witty rhymes on display here: we’ll be hearing a lot more from Leather Corduroys in the near future. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project but, as always, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Told You So" (2015)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.