At 26 years of age, Booth newcomer Leah LaBelle might be a little old to play the part of Lolita, the adolescent “nymphet” from Vladimir Nabokov’s classic novel. As far as the EPIC Records signee and American Idol alumnus is concerned, though, age ain’t nothing but a number. On single numéro deux off her studio debut, the singer tantalizes her man with promises of forbidden love, delivering her seductive verses over mentor Pharrell Williams’ pounding kick and addictive, syncopated bassline. Has Leah Labelle succeeded in piquing your interest with this provocative, danceable selection? Then stay tuned; her freshman set currently lacks both a title and a solid drop date, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the forthcoming project.
Written by richard on 01/20/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)