To better understand the new single from League Of Extraordinary Gz, it is best you understand the relationship between a skateboard and a skateboarder. Here, the skateboard is the track’s production from Booth-fave Statik Selektah. Like the board, Statik’s scratch-heavy, sleuthing beat is stable, reliable and is the platform from which the boarder (emcees) uses to Grind. Naturally, then, the Texas ensemble are the skaters. Each emcee would make Tony Hawk jealous, ripping into the beat with their similarly assertive, gritty flows. C.O.D., Dred Skott, and Southbound might take a more hostile stance, but their slight southern swang serves for a unique style counterbalance. Grind is not attached to anything larger, but be sure to stream and purchase their October release, #LeagueSh*t.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.