To better understand the new single from League Of Extraordinary Gz, it is best you understand the relationship between a skateboard and a skateboarder. Here, the skateboard is the track’s production from Booth-fave Statik Selektah. Like the board, Statik’s scratch-heavy, sleuthing beat is stable, reliable and is the platform from which the boarder (emcees) uses to Grind. Naturally, then, the Texas ensemble are the skaters. Each emcee would make Tony Hawk jealous, ripping into the beat with their similarly assertive, gritty flows. C.O.D., Dred Skott, and Southbound might take a more hostile stance, but their slight southern swang serves for a unique style counterbalance. Grind is not attached to anything larger, but be sure to stream and purchase their October release, #LeagueSh*t.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.