To better understand the new single from League Of Extraordinary Gz, it is best you understand the relationship between a skateboard and a skateboarder. Here, the skateboard is the track’s production from Booth-fave Statik Selektah. Like the board, Statik’s scratch-heavy, sleuthing beat is stable, reliable and is the platform from which the boarder (emcees) uses to Grind. Naturally, then, the Texas ensemble are the skaters. Each emcee would make Tony Hawk jealous, ripping into the beat with their similarly assertive, gritty flows. C.O.D., Dred Skott, and Southbound might take a more hostile stance, but their slight southern swang serves for a unique style counterbalance. Grind is not attached to anything larger, but be sure to stream and purchase their October release, #LeagueSh*t.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.