To better understand the new single from League Of Extraordinary Gz, it is best you understand the relationship between a skateboard and a skateboarder. Here, the skateboard is the track’s production from Booth-fave Statik Selektah. Like the board, Statik’s scratch-heavy, sleuthing beat is stable, reliable and is the platform from which the boarder (emcees) uses to Grind. Naturally, then, the Texas ensemble are the skaters. Each emcee would make Tony Hawk jealous, ripping into the beat with their similarly assertive, gritty flows. C.O.D., Dred Skott, and Southbound might take a more hostile stance, but their slight southern swang serves for a unique style counterbalance. Grind is not attached to anything larger, but be sure to stream and purchase their October release, #LeagueSh*t.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.