To better understand the new single from League Of Extraordinary Gz, it is best you understand the relationship between a skateboard and a skateboarder. Here, the skateboard is the track’s production from Booth-fave Statik Selektah. Like the board, Statik’s scratch-heavy, sleuthing beat is stable, reliable and is the platform from which the boarder (emcees) uses to Grind. Naturally, then, the Texas ensemble are the skaters. Each emcee would make Tony Hawk jealous, ripping into the beat with their similarly assertive, gritty flows. C.O.D., Dred Skott, and Southbound might take a more hostile stance, but their slight southern swang serves for a unique style counterbalance. Grind is not attached to anything larger, but be sure to stream and purchase their October release, #LeagueSh*t.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.