On Friday, July 26, a black Austin man named Larry Jackson, Jr. made the mistake of visiting a bank that was closed due to a robbery investigation. APD officer Charle Kleinert deemed his activities suspicious, chased him on foot and, after a physical altercation, shot him dead. (If it even matters, the robber was white.) On a newly-released promo single, Austin’s own League of Extraordinary G’z do their part to ensure that this murder isn’t swept under the rug like so many others. Backed by group member Reggie Coby‘s gritty street boardwork, the reader-acclaimed collective remind us that a killer with a badge is still a killer: “You tell me what’s worse: the dope boy or the burglar, the pimp, the whore, or the motherf**king murderer?” This bracing, politically-charged jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can still stream and download the crew’s last project, Shane Eli collab The Plug, for free in The DJBooth. Additionally, watch our pages for further details on the G’z’ currently-unscheduled debut album, #LeagueShit.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.