On Friday, July 26, a black Austin man named Larry Jackson, Jr. made the mistake of visiting a bank that was closed due to a robbery investigation. APD officer Charle Kleinert deemed his activities suspicious, chased him on foot and, after a physical altercation, shot him dead. (If it even matters, the robber was white.) On a newly-released promo single, Austin’s own League of Extraordinary G’z do their part to ensure that this murder isn’t swept under the rug like so many others. Backed by group member Reggie Coby‘s gritty street boardwork, the reader-acclaimed collective remind us that a killer with a badge is still a killer: “You tell me what’s worse: the dope boy or the burglar, the pimp, the whore, or the motherf**king murderer?” This bracing, politically-charged jam isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can still stream and download the crew’s last project, Shane Eli collab The Plug, for free in The DJBooth. Additionally, watch our pages for further details on the G’z’ currently-unscheduled debut album, #LeagueShit.
Written by richard on 08/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.