While there are few things cheap about life in New York City, I can consider myself lucky on at least one count: not owning a vehicle means I don’t have to worry about the current stratospheric gas prices. Austin’s League of Extraordinary Gz, on the other hand, have been suffering from the $4 Blues. Coming on the heels of the politically-charged APD, the crew’s latest mixtape single finds Reggie Coby serving up a slow-rolling Southern beat as the crew spit about the intricacies of driving while broke. In addition to rhymes by the League’s current lineup, the cut boasts a high-energy opening verse from late frontman Octavis “Esbe Da 6th Street Bully” Berry. For more, check out #LeagueSh*t when it drops digitally on Tuesday, October 15.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.