You know you’re going through some serious heartbreak when even looking at the calendar and seeing the anniversary of the date you and your love parted makes you cry. On Booth debut and new promo single November Skies (11.11.11), R&B singer Lea finds herself in just such a situation. Over Ken Lewis’ appropriately soaring synth boardwork, the G Note songstress expresses her enduring grief in the wake of a 2010 breakup, in the process showcasing a powerful set of pipes. While this cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those who like what they’re hearing can keep their browsers locked on The DJBooth for the latest details.
Written by richard on 10/18/11
Submit your Rating
G Note Records
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.