Contrary to popular belief, wisdom isn’t something that accumulates in your brain like interest in a savings account, somehow ripening into its fullness as your hair starts to gray. On the contrary, it’s all about life experience—something that Raleigh repper Lazaurus has packed a lot of into his 24 years on this earth. Previously heard sharing his insights into life’s struggles on SkyBlew‘s Blizzard in N.C., the artist makes his solo Booth debut with Hey Baby, a Booth-exclusive world premiere. D.R.U.G.S. handles production duties, flipping a slow-rolling soul sample as the artists teaches us a poetic lesson on focus, forward momentum and stick-to-itiveness: “I wonder if butterflies remember caterpillar days / Go back and kick it with their caterpillar friends / Or do they fly and leave the caterpillar ways behind? You’re wastin’ tinme reminiscin’...” In the process, he exhibits a gruff melodic flow that had me thinking of Booth fave Cymarshall Law—anyone else hear it? More importantly, are you digging Lazurus’ style? If you answered “Yes” to the latter, you won’t want to miss the artist’s DreamScape LP when it hits store shelves and online retailers November 11.
Written by richard on 09/11/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So To Myself I Say" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.