Since dropping their debut full-length, Neighborhood Rapstar, and subsequently adopting the stage names Laze & Royal, the duo formerly known as 2XL have shifted their musical focus to crafting surefire pop hits. With Performer, the brothers continue in the vein of prior buzz single Like A Pistol, waxing poetic about a certain young lady’s smooth moves, both on the dancefloor and… elsewhere. Hook singer Solo (who sounds like a mixture of R. Kelly & Ne-Yo) adds to the track’s pop appeal, but it’s the duo’s high-energy beat that will earn them a round of applause even from listeners left unimpressed by their verses. In a nutshell, Performer has all the makings of a radio smash—here’s hoping it’s enough to get the brothers’ sophomore album, Hollywood Ate Me Alive!, a solid release date.
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.