Since dropping their debut full-length, Neighborhood Rapstar, and subsequently adopting the stage names Laze & Royal, the duo formerly known as 2XL have shifted their musical focus to crafting surefire pop hits. With Performer, the brothers continue in the vein of prior buzz single Like A Pistol, waxing poetic about a certain young lady’s smooth moves, both on the dancefloor and… elsewhere. Hook singer Solo (who sounds like a mixture of R. Kelly & Ne-Yo) adds to the track’s pop appeal, but it’s the duo’s high-energy beat that will earn them a round of applause even from listeners left unimpressed by their verses. In a nutshell, Performer has all the makings of a radio smash—here’s hoping it’s enough to get the brothers’ sophomore album, Hollywood Ate Me Alive!, a solid release date.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/09
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.