Since dropping their debut full-length, Neighborhood Rapstar, and subsequently adopting the stage names Laze & Royal, the duo formerly known as 2XL have shifted their musical focus to crafting surefire pop hits. With Performer, the brothers continue in the vein of prior buzz single Like A Pistol, waxing poetic about a certain young lady’s smooth moves, both on the dancefloor and… elsewhere. Hook singer Solo (who sounds like a mixture of R. Kelly & Ne-Yo) adds to the track’s pop appeal, but it’s the duo’s high-energy beat that will earn them a round of applause even from listeners left unimpressed by their verses. In a nutshell, Performer has all the makings of a radio smash—here’s hoping it’s enough to get the brothers’ sophomore album, Hollywood Ate Me Alive!, a solid release date.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/09
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.