Since dropping their debut full-length, Neighborhood Rapstar, and subsequently adopting the stage names Laze & Royal, the duo formerly known as 2XL have shifted their musical focus to crafting surefire pop hits. With Performer, the brothers continue in the vein of prior buzz single Like A Pistol, waxing poetic about a certain young lady’s smooth moves, both on the dancefloor and… elsewhere. Hook singer Solo (who sounds like a mixture of R. Kelly & Ne-Yo) adds to the track’s pop appeal, but it’s the duo’s high-energy beat that will earn them a round of applause even from listeners left unimpressed by their verses. In a nutshell, Performer has all the makings of a radio smash—here’s hoping it’s enough to get the brothers’ sophomore album, Hollywood Ate Me Alive!, a solid release date.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/09
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)