A year and a half after dropping their debut album Neighborhood Rapstar, 19-year-old twins Laze and Royal, formerly known as 2XL, are back with a new name and a new sound. On Like a Pistol, the duo’s musical affections for both Sublime and the Ying Yang Twins are apparent, and the end result is a pulverizing rock-rap concoction. Ari Levine‘s production allows the North Hollywood brothers to ride the heavy bassline and profess how they feel about a chick whose “body is on fire.” Considering the fellas helped raise one another while their mother battled cancer, their story and the sound are equally captivating.
Written by Erica L. on 07/10/08
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.