A year and a half after dropping their debut album Neighborhood Rapstar, 19-year-old twins Laze and Royal, formerly known as 2XL, are back with a new name and a new sound. On Like a Pistol, the duo’s musical affections for both Sublime and the Ying Yang Twins are apparent, and the end result is a pulverizing rock-rap concoction. Ari Levine‘s production allows the North Hollywood brothers to ride the heavy bassline and profess how they feel about a chick whose “body is on fire.” Considering the fellas helped raise one another while their mother battled cancer, their story and the sound are equally captivating.
Written by Erica L. on 07/10/08
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Magic City ft. Cherish" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)