Reggae-pop singers are one flighty bunch when it comes to romance on the dancefloor. Often, a simple sideways glance and a few smooth moves are enough to set their hearts aflutter. Booth newcomer Laza Morgan, for one, prefers to take things slow (relatively speaking, anyway); instead of expressing his undying devotion after a single dance, the Michigan-bred up-and-comer (son of Jamaican legend Denroy Morgan) is willing to let attraction simmer as the DJ spins his favorite songs, One by One. DJ Frank E and Julian Bunetta team up behind the boards, crafting a slow-burning blend of synths and reggae guitar riffs as attraction grows between Morgan and the shawty in question. In contrast to the headliner’s measured approach, dancehall stalwart Mavado gets right down to business, making the object of his affections “feel [his] love” in his Caribbean-accented guest 16. Time for you to weigh in, readers – does this joint have you falling in love at first sight, or does Laza have to walk by again? Either way, you’ll find One by One and much more on the Elektra signee’s forthcoming EP of the same title, set to drop May 17.
Written by richard on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.