Reggae-pop singers are one flighty bunch when it comes to romance on the dancefloor. Often, a simple sideways glance and a few smooth moves are enough to set their hearts aflutter. Booth newcomer Laza Morgan, for one, prefers to take things slow (relatively speaking, anyway); instead of expressing his undying devotion after a single dance, the Michigan-bred up-and-comer (son of Jamaican legend Denroy Morgan) is willing to let attraction simmer as the DJ spins his favorite songs, One by One. DJ Frank E and Julian Bunetta team up behind the boards, crafting a slow-burning blend of synths and reggae guitar riffs as attraction grows between Morgan and the shawty in question. In contrast to the headliner’s measured approach, dancehall stalwart Mavado gets right down to business, making the object of his affections “feel [his] love” in his Caribbean-accented guest 16. Time for you to weigh in, readers – does this joint have you falling in love at first sight, or does Laza have to walk by again? Either way, you’ll find One by One and much more on the Elektra signee’s forthcoming EP of the same title, set to drop May 17.
Written by richard on 04/3/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)