Reggae-pop singers are one flighty bunch when it comes to romance on the dancefloor. Often, a simple sideways glance and a few smooth moves are enough to set their hearts aflutter. Booth newcomer Laza Morgan, for one, prefers to take things slow (relatively speaking, anyway); instead of expressing his undying devotion after a single dance, the Michigan-bred up-and-comer (son of Jamaican legend Denroy Morgan) is willing to let attraction simmer as the DJ spins his favorite songs, One by One. DJ Frank E and Julian Bunetta team up behind the boards, crafting a slow-burning blend of synths and reggae guitar riffs as attraction grows between Morgan and the shawty in question. In contrast to the headliner’s measured approach, dancehall stalwart Mavado gets right down to business, making the object of his affections “feel [his] love” in his Caribbean-accented guest 16. Time for you to weigh in, readers – does this joint have you falling in love at first sight, or does Laza have to walk by again? Either way, you’ll find One by One and much more on the Elektra signee’s forthcoming EP of the same title, set to drop May 17.
Written by richard on 04/3/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.