If you’re anything like me, the name “Ace of Base” hasn’t so much as crossed your mind in years. Nonetheless, those who share my weakness for mid-‘90s pop are guaranteed to get a kick out of Laza Morgan‘s latest effort, a 21st Century remake of the Swedish group’s breakout smash, All That She Wants. On similarly-titled single All She Wants, DJ Frank E‘s bass-infused flip of the ‘93 hit backs verses dedicated to a woman with a seemingly-insatiable appetite for money and fame. Singer Jayden provides guest vocals. The result is catchy, no doubt about it, but is it appealing enough to win Morgan’s untitled debut a spot on the Elektra/Atlantic release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One by One" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.