If you’re anything like me, the name “Ace of Base” hasn’t so much as crossed your mind in years. Nonetheless, those who share my weakness for mid-‘90s pop are guaranteed to get a kick out of Laza Morgan‘s latest effort, a 21st Century remake of the Swedish group’s breakout smash, All That She Wants. On similarly-titled single All She Wants, DJ Frank E‘s bass-infused flip of the ‘93 hit backs verses dedicated to a woman with a seemingly-insatiable appetite for money and fame. Singer Jayden provides guest vocals. The result is catchy, no doubt about it, but is it appealing enough to win Morgan’s untitled debut a spot on the Elektra/Atlantic release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One by One" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.