If you’re anything like me, the name “Ace of Base” hasn’t so much as crossed your mind in years. Nonetheless, those who share my weakness for mid-‘90s pop are guaranteed to get a kick out of Laza Morgan‘s latest effort, a 21st Century remake of the Swedish group’s breakout smash, All That She Wants. On similarly-titled single All She Wants, DJ Frank E‘s bass-infused flip of the ‘93 hit backs verses dedicated to a woman with a seemingly-insatiable appetite for money and fame. Singer Jayden provides guest vocals. The result is catchy, no doubt about it, but is it appealing enough to win Morgan’s untitled debut a spot on the Elektra/Atlantic release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One by One" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)