If you’re anything like me, the name “Ace of Base” hasn’t so much as crossed your mind in years. Nonetheless, those who share my weakness for mid-‘90s pop are guaranteed to get a kick out of Laza Morgan‘s latest effort, a 21st Century remake of the Swedish group’s breakout smash, All That She Wants. On similarly-titled single All She Wants, DJ Frank E‘s bass-infused flip of the ‘93 hit backs verses dedicated to a woman with a seemingly-insatiable appetite for money and fame. Singer Jayden provides guest vocals. The result is catchy, no doubt about it, but is it appealing enough to win Morgan’s untitled debut a spot on the Elektra/Atlantic release calendar? Debate away—and, as always, keep it locked to The DJBooth for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 03/28/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"One by One" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.