What does Booth newcomer Layne Harper think about, when he allows his mind to drift freely? I’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’t count. The Reverie described on his latest single finds the Southern emcee spitting game to a beautiful and willing female over Miami Beat Wave‘s soulful boardwork—and, of course, it only gets freakier from there. For more, check out Harper’s new mixtape, Father First, Artist Second, when it hits the ‘net in winter 2012.
Written by richard on 09/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Medicine Cabinet" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)