What does Booth newcomer Layne Harper think about, when he allows his mind to drift freely? I’ll give you three guesses, and the first two don’t count. The Reverie described on his latest single finds the Southern emcee spitting game to a beautiful and willing female over Miami Beat Wave‘s soulful boardwork—and, of course, it only gets freakier from there. For more, check out Harper’s new mixtape, Father First, Artist Second, when it hits the ‘net in winter 2012.
Written by richard on 09/9/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Medicine Cabinet" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.