Valentine’s Day may be behind us, but records examining the intricacies of modern romance are never out of season. On new promo single A Thing Called Love (the artist’s first feature since last May’s Hell Ride to Heaven), Memphis up-and-comer Layne Harper shares his own perspective on the subject. Terrell Sass and John Elmore III‘s pensive keys set the mood as the emcee depicts the delicate opening stages of a relationship. Director David Liz provides a visual accompaniment to the artist’s narrative bars. Like what you’re hearing? This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest from Layne Harper in the weeks and months ahead.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.