Valentine’s Day may be behind us, but records examining the intricacies of modern romance are never out of season. On new promo single A Thing Called Love (the artist’s first feature since last May’s Hell Ride to Heaven), Memphis up-and-comer Layne Harper shares his own perspective on the subject. Terrell Sass and John Elmore III‘s pensive keys set the mood as the emcee depicts the delicate opening stages of a relationship. Director David Liz provides a visual accompaniment to the artist’s narrative bars. Like what you’re hearing? This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest from Layne Harper in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)