Valentine’s Day may be behind us, but records examining the intricacies of modern romance are never out of season. On new promo single A Thing Called Love (the artist’s first feature since last May’s Hell Ride to Heaven), Memphis up-and-comer Layne Harper shares his own perspective on the subject. Terrell Sass and John Elmore III‘s pensive keys set the mood as the emcee depicts the delicate opening stages of a relationship. Director David Liz provides a visual accompaniment to the artist’s narrative bars. Like what you’re hearing? This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest from Layne Harper in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.