Valentine’s Day may be behind us, but records examining the intricacies of modern romance are never out of season. On new promo single A Thing Called Love (the artist’s first feature since last May’s Hell Ride to Heaven), Memphis up-and-comer Layne Harper shares his own perspective on the subject. Terrell Sass and John Elmore III‘s pensive keys set the mood as the emcee depicts the delicate opening stages of a relationship. Director David Liz provides a visual accompaniment to the artist’s narrative bars. Like what you’re hearing? This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest from Layne Harper in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.