Valentine’s Day may be behind us, but records examining the intricacies of modern romance are never out of season. On new promo single A Thing Called Love (the artist’s first feature since last May’s Hell Ride to Heaven), Memphis up-and-comer Layne Harper shares his own perspective on the subject. Terrell Sass and John Elmore III‘s pensive keys set the mood as the emcee depicts the delicate opening stages of a relationship. Director David Liz provides a visual accompaniment to the artist’s narrative bars. Like what you’re hearing? This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest from Layne Harper in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.