I was hoping for some fresh and healthy hip-hop in my headphones today to balance out my consumption of slow jams and candy hearts yesterday (happy tardy Hallmark day, by the way). Fortunately, Laws delivered just what I needed to get back on track with We Like It, the last leak off his 4:57PM Mixtape before it drops. In comparison to the previous tracks from the mixtape (such as listener-approved Shining and Number One), Da Honorable C.N.O.T.E. lays a heavier, club-style production for Laws to flow over, a challenge he takes up by throwing down line after line of the kind of lyrical dexterity that’s quickly making him everyone’s future favorite rapper: “So I rhyme, and/ they say I make it happen / I wear my heart on my sleeve, like the latest fashion.”). So how about it Booth? How much do you like Laws’ new style? If you enjoyed this track, be sure to check out his Don Cannon-presented 4:57PM Mixtape, out tomorrow and available exclusively on DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 02/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.