I was hoping for some fresh and healthy hip-hop in my headphones today to balance out my consumption of slow jams and candy hearts yesterday (happy tardy Hallmark day, by the way). Fortunately, Laws delivered just what I needed to get back on track with We Like It, the last leak off his 4:57PM Mixtape before it drops. In comparison to the previous tracks from the mixtape (such as listener-approved Shining and Number One), Da Honorable C.N.O.T.E. lays a heavier, club-style production for Laws to flow over, a challenge he takes up by throwing down line after line of the kind of lyrical dexterity that’s quickly making him everyone’s future favorite rapper: “So I rhyme, and/ they say I make it happen / I wear my heart on my sleeve, like the latest fashion.”). So how about it Booth? How much do you like Laws’ new style? If you enjoyed this track, be sure to check out his Don Cannon-presented 4:57PM Mixtape, out tomorrow and available exclusively on DJBooth.net.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!