Where other rappers take the shotgun blast approach, Booth favorite (and freestyle series participant) Laws is more of a lyrical sharpshooter. How did he develop his knack for nailing details with pinpoint accuracy? Well, in addition to reading a lot of Stephen King, he doesn’t slack off when it comes to Target Practice. The latest leak off his forthcoming 4:57 re-release finds the artist teaming up with another underground talent known for killing tracks: after Laws laces Black Metaphor‘s brass-sampled beat with his brand of casually clever braggadocio, Slaughterhouse member Joe Budden jumps on board to inform us just what he has in store for sucker emcees: “Steppin’ to them’s an expected win / when I slam you can notify the next of kin.” The extended, tagless Overtime edition of Laws’ 4:57 mixtape (the original version is still available here for streaming and free download) has yet to receive a solid release date, but we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 04/11/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.