Everything’s better when backed by a live band. Everything. Even sex. Did I say that out loud? The point is, DJBooth Freestyle Alum and day job quitter Laws has stepped back in the Booth, and this time he’s rolling deep with The Hypnotic Brass Ensemble, a nine piece, Chicago based horn crew that are becomingly an increasingly large part of the hip-hop scene. On their new collaborative record Never, also featuring a smooth hook from singer Dave Young, Laws uses the…well…hypnotically dope production and instrumentation laid down by the Brass Ensemble to tell the story of his rise through the rap ranks, and the quasi friends he had to leave behind along the way, “Told my crew…I’m goin to the battle now / they said are you f**king crazy? / that’s when I knew…we’d never be closer than handshakes.” Don’t worry Laws, you’ve got a friend in the Booth, and we completely support your battle rhyming desires. While Never isn’t currently attached to any project, fans should keep an ear out for Laws’ upcoming, Paul McCartney inspired (yeah, seriously) mixtape, coming soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.