In sports it doesn’t get much more intense than overtime (Olympics’ U.S./Canada hockey game, anyone?), and Booth favorite emcee Laws is proving the same holds true when it comes to hip-hop with the re-release of his 4:57PM mixtape, the Overtime Edition. Although as passionate as ever, the DJBooth freestyle alum makes it Look Easy on his latest offering as he coasts over light production by the ever-in demand 9th Wonder, giving the track an eminently enjoyable vibe. Along with a feature from west-coaster Diz Gibran, Laws delivers the message that he’s a force to be reckoned within the music industry: “And now you look so messed up, dog, ain’t my fault you slept too hard, it was something like a zillion-to-one when I crept up, dog, you ain’t never see me sweat those odds.” If you enjoyed this buzzer-beater, check out the tagless 4:57PM (Overtime Ed.), complete with several new cuts, and be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for our exclusive interview with Your Future Favorite Rapper, due to drop in April.
Written by Sigurd on 03/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.