In sports it doesn’t get much more intense than overtime (Olympics’ U.S./Canada hockey game, anyone?), and Booth favorite emcee Laws is proving the same holds true when it comes to hip-hop with the re-release of his 4:57PM mixtape, the Overtime Edition. Although as passionate as ever, the DJBooth freestyle alum makes it Look Easy on his latest offering as he coasts over light production by the ever-in demand 9th Wonder, giving the track an eminently enjoyable vibe. Along with a feature from west-coaster Diz Gibran, Laws delivers the message that he’s a force to be reckoned within the music industry: “And now you look so messed up, dog, ain’t my fault you slept too hard, it was something like a zillion-to-one when I crept up, dog, you ain’t never see me sweat those odds.” If you enjoyed this buzzer-beater, check out the tagless 4:57PM (Overtime Ed.), complete with several new cuts, and be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for our exclusive interview with Your Future Favorite Rapper, due to drop in April.
Written by Sigurd on 03/10/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.