Considering his enormously successful 4:57 PM mixtape kicked off 2010, it’s only right that we close out the year with rising star Laws and his brand new record Lady Hip Hop. With a title like that I immediately thought of Common’s classic I Used to Love H.E.R., but instead of crafting a love letter to hip-hop itself, Laws has a slightly more specific female in mind – one more likely to strike a b-girl stance on the dance floor than pop her booty. With enigmatically named producer Feb 9 crafting an appropriately light but still percussively driven beat for the Florida emcee, Laws delves into his ideal lady in depth, explaining he’s looking for a female with a dope taste in music: “Think I’m goin’ long term like an OG / radio cool, but she prefers M.O.P.” Quick word of advice for the fellas: if you’ve got a girl like that, don’t let her go. Speaking of women who love hip-hop, this song, along with new material from the likes of Gibbs, Skeme and more, can be found on Ashley Outrageous Presents: The Playlist Vol. 2, due to lace our collective headphones “soon”.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.