Considering his enormously successful 4:57 PM mixtape kicked off 2010, it’s only right that we close out the year with rising star Laws and his brand new record Lady Hip Hop. With a title like that I immediately thought of Common’s classic I Used to Love H.E.R., but instead of crafting a love letter to hip-hop itself, Laws has a slightly more specific female in mind – one more likely to strike a b-girl stance on the dance floor than pop her booty. With enigmatically named producer Feb 9 crafting an appropriately light but still percussively driven beat for the Florida emcee, Laws delves into his ideal lady in depth, explaining he’s looking for a female with a dope taste in music: “Think I’m goin’ long term like an OG / radio cool, but she prefers M.O.P.” Quick word of advice for the fellas: if you’ve got a girl like that, don’t let her go. Speaking of women who love hip-hop, this song, along with new material from the likes of Gibbs, Skeme and more, can be found on Ashley Outrageous Presents: The Playlist Vol. 2, due to lace our collective headphones “soon”.
Written by Jon Garcia on 12/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)