With the year coming to a near close, it’s clear that Brazilian-American rapper Laws has been one of 2010’s breakthrough artists. Capitalizing off the success of his street album 4:57, the Florida emcee has built himself a stable following and is aiming for even higher acclaim in 2011. In the meantime, Honor has been liberated from its previously unreleased status as a reminder for the world to keep their ears open. The triumphant production, provided by Argonauts, set the tone for the record as heavy snares and confident horns allow for both Laws – “I don’t play dress up/ So fess up, there’s a reason they think of me as Superman/ I got these people singin’ my praises like Luther Van” and guest Cyhi Da Prince – “Not like I’m the only artist that the promoter knew/ They ask me ‘How did I get noticed with no one promoted you?’/ Man the fans is who I owe it to “ - to pay their respects to the people who have supported them. While this song will not be featured on it, be on the lookout for Laws’ upcoming project Dedicated, due out early 2011 via DJBooth.
Written by Jon Garcia on 12/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.