With the year coming to a near close, it’s clear that Brazilian-American rapper Laws has been one of 2010’s breakthrough artists. Capitalizing off the success of his street album 4:57, the Florida emcee has built himself a stable following and is aiming for even higher acclaim in 2011. In the meantime, Honor has been liberated from its previously unreleased status as a reminder for the world to keep their ears open. The triumphant production, provided by Argonauts, set the tone for the record as heavy snares and confident horns allow for both Laws – “I don’t play dress up/ So fess up, there’s a reason they think of me as Superman/ I got these people singin’ my praises like Luther Van” and guest Cyhi Da Prince – “Not like I’m the only artist that the promoter knew/ They ask me ‘How did I get noticed with no one promoted you?’/ Man the fans is who I owe it to “ - to pay their respects to the people who have supported them. While this song will not be featured on it, be on the lookout for Laws’ upcoming project Dedicated, due out early 2011 via DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.