With the year coming to a near close, it’s clear that Brazilian-American rapper Laws has been one of 2010’s breakthrough artists. Capitalizing off the success of his street album 4:57, the Florida emcee has built himself a stable following and is aiming for even higher acclaim in 2011. In the meantime, Honor has been liberated from its previously unreleased status as a reminder for the world to keep their ears open. The triumphant production, provided by Argonauts, set the tone for the record as heavy snares and confident horns allow for both Laws – “I don’t play dress up/ So fess up, there’s a reason they think of me as Superman/ I got these people singin’ my praises like Luther Van” and guest Cyhi Da Prince – “Not like I’m the only artist that the promoter knew/ They ask me ‘How did I get noticed with no one promoted you?’/ Man the fans is who I owe it to “ - to pay their respects to the people who have supported them. While this song will not be featured on it, be on the lookout for Laws’ upcoming project Dedicated, due out early 2011 via DJBooth.
Written by Jon Garcia on 12/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.