With the year coming to a near close, it’s clear that Brazilian-American rapper Laws has been one of 2010’s breakthrough artists. Capitalizing off the success of his street album 4:57, the Florida emcee has built himself a stable following and is aiming for even higher acclaim in 2011. In the meantime, Honor has been liberated from its previously unreleased status as a reminder for the world to keep their ears open. The triumphant production, provided by Argonauts, set the tone for the record as heavy snares and confident horns allow for both Laws – “I don’t play dress up/ So fess up, there’s a reason they think of me as Superman/ I got these people singin’ my praises like Luther Van” and guest Cyhi Da Prince – “Not like I’m the only artist that the promoter knew/ They ask me ‘How did I get noticed with no one promoted you?’/ Man the fans is who I owe it to “ - to pay their respects to the people who have supported them. While this song will not be featured on it, be on the lookout for Laws’ upcoming project Dedicated, due out early 2011 via DJBooth.
Written by Jon Garcia on 12/12/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)