A little over a week ago, I was remarking on the fresh-nicities of Laws via his single, We Like It. Seven days after his exclusive DJBooth-released mixtape 4:57PM dropped, I can safely extend my comments to the entire tracklist. While each piece of the album fulfills its role, one of the most impressive cuts I came across was Hold You Down, a high energy cut with one of the most unique and exciting boardwork contributions that I’ve heard in a minute, thanks to DJ Khalil’s serious synth skills. If anyone has doubts about Laws (unlikely for Booth-ians), it clearly doesn’t affect his confidence as he makes it known that he’s destined for greatness in the music industry: “Rhymin’, only when the cameras come/ I’m the boss, M. Bison and Ganon in one”). If you liked this, be sure to check 4:57PM, available right here. Get rid of the pillow, ladies and gentlemen, Laws is definitely not one to sleep on.
Listen to More: Laws
Written by Sigurd on 02/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.