A little over a week ago, I was remarking on the fresh-nicities of Laws via his single, We Like It. Seven days after his exclusive DJBooth-released mixtape 4:57PM dropped, I can safely extend my comments to the entire tracklist. While each piece of the album fulfills its role, one of the most impressive cuts I came across was Hold You Down, a high energy cut with one of the most unique and exciting boardwork contributions that I’ve heard in a minute, thanks to DJ Khalil’s serious synth skills. If anyone has doubts about Laws (unlikely for Booth-ians), it clearly doesn’t affect his confidence as he makes it known that he’s destined for greatness in the music industry: “Rhymin’, only when the cameras come/ I’m the boss, M. Bison and Ganon in one”). If you liked this, be sure to check 4:57PM, available right here. Get rid of the pillow, ladies and gentlemen, Laws is definitely not one to sleep on.
Listen to More: Laws Written by Sigurd
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.