A little over a week ago, I was remarking on the fresh-nicities of Laws via his single, We Like It. Seven days after his exclusive DJBooth-released mixtape 4:57PM dropped, I can safely extend my comments to the entire tracklist. While each piece of the album fulfills its role, one of the most impressive cuts I came across was Hold You Down, a high energy cut with one of the most unique and exciting boardwork contributions that I’ve heard in a minute, thanks to DJ Khalil’s serious synth skills. If anyone has doubts about Laws (unlikely for Booth-ians), it clearly doesn’t affect his confidence as he makes it known that he’s destined for greatness in the music industry: “Rhymin’, only when the cameras come/ I’m the boss, M. Bison and Ganon in one”). If you liked this, be sure to check 4:57PM, available right here. Get rid of the pillow, ladies and gentlemen, Laws is definitely not one to sleep on.
Listen to More: Laws
Written by Sigurd on 02/23/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.