A little over a week ago, I was remarking on the fresh-nicities of Laws via his single, We Like It. Seven days after his exclusive DJBooth-released mixtape 4:57PM dropped, I can safely extend my comments to the entire tracklist. While each piece of the album fulfills its role, one of the most impressive cuts I came across was Hold You Down, a high energy cut with one of the most unique and exciting boardwork contributions that I’ve heard in a minute, thanks to DJ Khalil’s serious synth skills. If anyone has doubts about Laws (unlikely for Booth-ians), it clearly doesn’t affect his confidence as he makes it known that he’s destined for greatness in the music industry: “Rhymin’, only when the cameras come/ I’m the boss, M. Bison and Ganon in one”). If you liked this, be sure to check 4:57PM, available right here. Get rid of the pillow, ladies and gentlemen, Laws is definitely not one to sleep on.
Written by Sigurd on 02/23/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.