The 125th entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Laws, the Spring Hill, Fla. native who recently earned reader acclaim for mixtape cuts Your Future Favorite Rapper and Number One. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Daytona 500 freestyle, the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League/Asylum/Warner Bros signee flows over a RZA-produced beat originally featured on Ghostface‘s track of the same name. Laws is currently preparing for the release of his Don Cannon-hosted street album 4:57, featuring production by Cannon, 9th Wonder and J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League. In addition, the emcee is working on his debut studio album and a forthcoming concept mixtape with Mick Boogie, neither of which have received a title.
Following today’s freestyle, our series will be on hiatus. Watch for us to return with entry #126 in early January!
Written by richard on 12/17/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.