Luxury goods are dope, to be sure, but no amount of Champagne and Chandeliers can console you when you’re separated from someone you care about. Returning from a year-and-a-half musical hiatus (his last feature, Incredible, hit our front page in summer 2011), Laws dedicates his latest promo cut to a woman whose love is, quite simply, priceless. The Craftzmen create a suitably tension-fraught backdrop for the freestyle series alum‘s alienated rhymes, layering atmospheric synths and samples over feverish trap percussion. HurtFace and Lashay provide guest vocals throughout the cut. Laws has yet to make his comeback official by announcing a forthcoming project, but fans can keep it locked for the latest. In the meantime, why not get familiar with the artist’s sound by copping 2010 mixtape 5:01 (Overtime) for free in the Booth?
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.