Luxury goods are dope, to be sure, but no amount of Champagne and Chandeliers can console you when you’re separated from someone you care about. Returning from a year-and-a-half musical hiatus (his last feature, Incredible, hit our front page in summer 2011), Laws dedicates his latest promo cut to a woman whose love is, quite simply, priceless. The Craftzmen create a suitably tension-fraught backdrop for the freestyle series alum‘s alienated rhymes, layering atmospheric synths and samples over feverish trap percussion. HurtFace and Lashay provide guest vocals throughout the cut. Laws has yet to make his comeback official by announcing a forthcoming project, but fans can keep it locked for the latest. In the meantime, why not get familiar with the artist’s sound by copping 2010 mixtape 5:01 (Overtime) for free in the Booth?
Written by richard on 01/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Your Future Favorite Rapper" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)