Rather than spending his DJBooth debut telling us about how fresh, fly and lyrically-gifted he is, Tulsa emcee Lawrence Leon has decided to fill us in on a few of his imperfections on Vices, a standout selection off his latest street album. Backed by Vince Lamar‘s burbling synth production, the artist cops to using Crown Royal and the occasional Black and Mild to decompress from the stresses of his daily hustle. Not the healthiest of habits, he admits—but, if they help him craft dope records like this one, I have a feeling Booth readers won’t hold his Vices against him. For this joint and many more quality cuts, check out Leon’s E.M.O. (Emotional Make Over) LP, available online as of April 1.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.