Rather than spending his DJBooth debut telling us about how fresh, fly and lyrically-gifted he is, Tulsa emcee Lawrence Leon has decided to fill us in on a few of his imperfections on Vices, a standout selection off his latest street album. Backed by Vince Lamar‘s burbling synth production, the artist cops to using Crown Royal and the occasional Black and Mild to decompress from the stresses of his daily hustle. Not the healthiest of habits, he admits—but, if they help him craft dope records like this one, I have a feeling Booth readers won’t hold his Vices against him. For this joint and many more quality cuts, check out Leon’s E.M.O. (Emotional Make Over) LP, available online as of April 1.
Written by richard on 04/11/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.