Booth newcomer Lawrence Arnell is well aware that his musical ambitions are immodest – he simply doesn’t care. As the rising star informs us in this newly-released promo single, he hopes to earn a place as Nothin’ Less than one of the greatest emcees to ever rock a mic. Over the head-noddin, piano-led instrumental stylings of producer OJay, the Philly native lays all his cards on the table: “You can hire me or fire me / but it won’t take long for you to realize you require me.” Equally determined to leave an indelible mark on the rap game, fellow Philadelphian rhymesayer Reef the Lost Cauze brings a grittier, more abstract lyrical touch to the track’s middle portion: “We went from the pyramids to projects / West Philly where I rep, man, it’s too complex.” So, Booth readers, does Lawrence Arnell have the skills to back up his lofty ambitions? If you think so, keep it locked for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/14/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.