Booth newcomer Lawrence Arnell is well aware that his musical ambitions are immodest – he simply doesn’t care. As the rising star informs us in this newly-released promo single, he hopes to earn a place as Nothin’ Less than one of the greatest emcees to ever rock a mic. Over the head-noddin, piano-led instrumental stylings of producer OJay, the Philly native lays all his cards on the table: “You can hire me or fire me / but it won’t take long for you to realize you require me.” Equally determined to leave an indelible mark on the rap game, fellow Philadelphian rhymesayer Reef the Lost Cauze brings a grittier, more abstract lyrical touch to the track’s middle portion: “We went from the pyramids to projects / West Philly where I rep, man, it’s too complex.” So, Booth readers, does Lawrence Arnell have the skills to back up his lofty ambitions? If you think so, keep it locked for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/14/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.