Booth newcomer Lawrence Arnell is well aware that his musical ambitions are immodest – he simply doesn’t care. As the rising star informs us in this newly-released promo single, he hopes to earn a place as Nothin’ Less than one of the greatest emcees to ever rock a mic. Over the head-noddin, piano-led instrumental stylings of producer OJay, the Philly native lays all his cards on the table: “You can hire me or fire me / but it won’t take long for you to realize you require me.” Equally determined to leave an indelible mark on the rap game, fellow Philadelphian rhymesayer Reef the Lost Cauze brings a grittier, more abstract lyrical touch to the track’s middle portion: “We went from the pyramids to projects / West Philly where I rep, man, it’s too complex.” So, Booth readers, does Lawrence Arnell have the skills to back up his lofty ambitions? If you think so, keep it locked for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/14/10
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.