Booth newcomer Lawrence Arnell is well aware that his musical ambitions are immodest – he simply doesn’t care. As the rising star informs us in this newly-released promo single, he hopes to earn a place as Nothin’ Less than one of the greatest emcees to ever rock a mic. Over the head-noddin, piano-led instrumental stylings of producer OJay, the Philly native lays all his cards on the table: “You can hire me or fire me / but it won’t take long for you to realize you require me.” Equally determined to leave an indelible mark on the rap game, fellow Philadelphian rhymesayer Reef the Lost Cauze brings a grittier, more abstract lyrical touch to the track’s middle portion: “We went from the pyramids to projects / West Philly where I rep, man, it’s too complex.” So, Booth readers, does Lawrence Arnell have the skills to back up his lofty ambitions? If you think so, keep it locked for all the latest from this talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/14/10
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.