Feeling stressed? Need a little reminder that everything’s gonna be A-OK? LaVish has you covered—on his latest mixtape single, the Cali repper assures us that, whatever happens, “It’s All Good.” Previously heard reminiscing about an old flame on Crush on You, the rapper-producer returns to our pages with the reflective follow-up. Beatsmith K. Roosevelt sets the mood on the production tip, layering sustained synth chords and resonant bells over a lightly-syncopated percussion rhythm as the West Coast buzzmaker reflects with satisfaction on his many blessings—from the beautiful women beating a path to his door, to the popularity of his live shows, to the flyness of his wardrobe, to the simple pleasures of weed and liquor. Sure, there will always be “money-hungry b*tches,” “cheap cologne” and other not-so-dope parts life, but why focus on the negatives when you’ve got it so good? If this breezy, ear-pleasing cut succeeded in raising your spirits, more bangers await on the artist’s Polaroid LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/24/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush on You" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.