Feeling stressed? Need a little reminder that everything’s gonna be A-OK? LaVish has you covered—on his latest mixtape single, the Cali repper assures us that, whatever happens, “It’s All Good.” Previously heard reminiscing about an old flame on Crush on You, the rapper-producer returns to our pages with the reflective follow-up. Beatsmith K. Roosevelt sets the mood on the production tip, layering sustained synth chords and resonant bells over a lightly-syncopated percussion rhythm as the West Coast buzzmaker reflects with satisfaction on his many blessings—from the beautiful women beating a path to his door, to the popularity of his live shows, to the flyness of his wardrobe, to the simple pleasures of weed and liquor. Sure, there will always be “money-hungry b*tches,” “cheap cologne” and other not-so-dope parts life, but why focus on the negatives when you’ve got it so good? If this breezy, ear-pleasing cut succeeded in raising your spirits, more bangers await on the artist’s Polaroid LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush on You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.