Feeling stressed? Need a little reminder that everything’s gonna be A-OK? LaVish has you covered—on his latest mixtape single, the Cali repper assures us that, whatever happens, “It’s All Good.” Previously heard reminiscing about an old flame on Crush on You, the rapper-producer returns to our pages with the reflective follow-up. Beatsmith K. Roosevelt sets the mood on the production tip, layering sustained synth chords and resonant bells over a lightly-syncopated percussion rhythm as the West Coast buzzmaker reflects with satisfaction on his many blessings—from the beautiful women beating a path to his door, to the popularity of his live shows, to the flyness of his wardrobe, to the simple pleasures of weed and liquor. Sure, there will always be “money-hungry b*tches,” “cheap cologne” and other not-so-dope parts life, but why focus on the negatives when you’ve got it so good? If this breezy, ear-pleasing cut succeeded in raising your spirits, more bangers await on the artist’s Polaroid LP, scheduled to hit the ‘net in the near future.
Written by richard on 10/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush on You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.