When Lavi$h isn’t on his grind, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-L.A. repper is deep in REM. sleep, dreaming vividly of the rewards that await him when he gets on. On his latest mixtape single, the 19-year-old artist and producer showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with Sa’eed to flip a Toro y Moi sample into a “spacey, yet bounce,” backdrop for his caked-up visions of the fast life. Has this fresh-faced up-and-comer got the skill and determination to bring his fantasies to life? Only time will tell, but I certainly wouldn’t count the man out. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect plenty more quality tunes where this came from on Lavi$h’s next street album, the currently-unscheduled Life, as We Know It.
Written by richard on 01/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush on You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.