When Lavi$h isn’t on his grind, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-L.A. repper is deep in REM. sleep, dreaming vividly of the rewards that await him when he gets on. On his latest mixtape single, the 19-year-old artist and producer showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with Sa’eed to flip a Toro y Moi sample into a “spacey, yet bounce,” backdrop for his caked-up visions of the fast life. Has this fresh-faced up-and-comer got the skill and determination to bring his fantasies to life? Only time will tell, but I certainly wouldn’t count the man out. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect plenty more quality tunes where this came from on Lavi$h’s next street album, the currently-unscheduled Life, as We Know It.
Written by richard on 01/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush on You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.