When Lavi$h isn’t on his grind, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-L.A. repper is deep in REM. sleep, dreaming vividly of the rewards that await him when he gets on. On his latest mixtape single, the 19-year-old artist and producer showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with Sa’eed to flip a Toro y Moi sample into a “spacey, yet bounce,” backdrop for his caked-up visions of the fast life. Has this fresh-faced up-and-comer got the skill and determination to bring his fantasies to life? Only time will tell, but I certainly wouldn’t count the man out. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect plenty more quality tunes where this came from on Lavi$h’s next street album, the currently-unscheduled Life, as We Know It.
Written by richard on 01/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush on You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.