When Lavi$h isn’t on his grind, the Brooklyn-by-way-of-L.A. repper is deep in REM. sleep, dreaming vividly of the rewards that await him when he gets on. On his latest mixtape single, the 19-year-old artist and producer showcases his talents on both sides of the boards, hooking up with Sa’eed to flip a Toro y Moi sample into a “spacey, yet bounce,” backdrop for his caked-up visions of the fast life. Has this fresh-faced up-and-comer got the skill and determination to bring his fantasies to life? Only time will tell, but I certainly wouldn’t count the man out. If you like what you’re hearing, you can expect plenty more quality tunes where this came from on Lavi$h’s next street album, the currently-unscheduled Life, as We Know It.
Written by richard on 01/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crush on You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.