I know The Great Gatsby is hitting theaters Friday, and as badly as I (and the rest of America) want to see it on opening day, its release needs to be delayed because Lauriana Mae’s Money Mae NEEDS to be on the soundtrack; someone call Hov (who Executive Produced the soundtrack) ASAP! The Atlantic Records songstress makes a great first impression with her vibrant video debut, a paper-chasing anthem unlike any you have heard. Mae is supported by veteran producer Kwame’s swing/big band beat, which is more extravagant than one of Gatsby’s parties and has a distinct roaring-‘20s vibe. Atop the beat, Lauriana turns in a powerful, impassioned vocal performance as she belts out her guap-centered lyrics. Money Mae can be found on Lauriana’s Love Mae EP, out as of late 2011. She can also be heard contributing guest vocals to Action Bronson‘s Compliments 2 The Chef and Cee-Lo’s Only You.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like A Drum (Beat It)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)