I know The Great Gatsby is hitting theaters Friday, and as badly as I (and the rest of America) want to see it on opening day, its release needs to be delayed because Lauriana Mae’s Money Mae NEEDS to be on the soundtrack; someone call Hov (who Executive Produced the soundtrack) ASAP! The Atlantic Records songstress makes a great first impression with her vibrant video debut, a paper-chasing anthem unlike any you have heard. Mae is supported by veteran producer Kwame’s swing/big band beat, which is more extravagant than one of Gatsby’s parties and has a distinct roaring-‘20s vibe. Atop the beat, Lauriana turns in a powerful, impassioned vocal performance as she belts out her guap-centered lyrics. Money Mae can be found on Lauriana’s Love Mae EP, out as of late 2011. She can also be heard contributing guest vocals to Action Bronson‘s Compliments 2 The Chef and Cee-Lo’s Only You.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like A Drum (Beat It)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.