I know The Great Gatsby is hitting theaters Friday, and as badly as I (and the rest of America) want to see it on opening day, its release needs to be delayed because Lauriana Mae’s Money Mae NEEDS to be on the soundtrack; someone call Hov (who Executive Produced the soundtrack) ASAP! The Atlantic Records songstress makes a great first impression with her vibrant video debut, a paper-chasing anthem unlike any you have heard. Mae is supported by veteran producer Kwame’s swing/big band beat, which is more extravagant than one of Gatsby’s parties and has a distinct roaring-‘20s vibe. Atop the beat, Lauriana turns in a powerful, impassioned vocal performance as she belts out her guap-centered lyrics. Money Mae can be found on Lauriana’s Love Mae EP, out as of late 2011. She can also be heard contributing guest vocals to Action Bronson‘s Compliments 2 The Chef and Cee-Lo’s Only You.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like A Drum (Beat It)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.