Laurel‘s mid-February Booth debut, Fire Breather, found the Southampton singer-songwriter head-over-heels for a man every bit as volatile as the titular element. On freshly-released follow-up To the Hills, romance is once again linked with destruction, but this time around she’s all too happy to fan the flames. Accompanied by her own production, a string-driven arrangement that slowly gathers steam over the record’s running time, she paints an apocalyptic, yet alluring lyrical picture of young love: “I feel the heat on my skin like demons. Cry with joy, ‘cause I know hell follows me. Out here in the garden of angels, / I felt what it’s like to be free.” Director Ben Newbury‘s cinematic visuals round out the package. To the Hills is just one of many innovative cuts to be found on Laurel’s forthcoming EP of the same name, dropping April 7, via her own Next Time Records.
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
Turn First Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fire Breather" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.