Laurel‘s mid-February Booth debut, Fire Breather, found the Southampton singer-songwriter head-over-heels for a man every bit as volatile as the titular element. On freshly-released follow-up To the Hills, romance is once again linked with destruction, but this time around she’s all too happy to fan the flames. Accompanied by her own production, a string-driven arrangement that slowly gathers steam over the record’s running time, she paints an apocalyptic, yet alluring lyrical picture of young love: “I feel the heat on my skin like demons. Cry with joy, ‘cause I know hell follows me. Out here in the garden of angels, / I felt what it’s like to be free.” Director Ben Newbury‘s cinematic visuals round out the package. To the Hills is just one of many innovative cuts to be found on Laurel’s forthcoming EP of the same name, dropping April 7, via her own Next Time Records.
Written by richard on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
Turn First Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fire Breather" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.