Depending on how close you get, flames can keep you warm or char you to the bone. The same (metaphorically speaking) holds true for the man Booth newcomer Laurel addresses on her latest promo single, Fire Breather. The Southampton, UK representative showcases her chops as a vocalist, a songwriter and a beatsmith on this stark, sultry selection; the artist’s own reverb-drenched percussion, woozy synths and chopped samples accompany her as she struggles with her attraction to a dangerously alluring new guy. Though her breathy verses seem to depict her fully in his thrall, she tears herself free on the chorus, shouting, “No! It’s too much.” Patrick Killingbeck directs the moody accompanying visuals. Has this ambivalent cut piqued your interest? Then keep it locked; Fire Breather isn’t attached to a larger set, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the Turn First signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
Turn First Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"To the Hills" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.