Depending on how close you get, flames can keep you warm or char you to the bone. The same (metaphorically speaking) holds true for the man Booth newcomer Laurel addresses on her latest promo single, Fire Breather. The Southampton, UK representative showcases her chops as a vocalist, a songwriter and a beatsmith on this stark, sultry selection; the artist’s own reverb-drenched percussion, woozy synths and chopped samples accompany her as she struggles with her attraction to a dangerously alluring new guy. Though her breathy verses seem to depict her fully in his thrall, she tears herself free on the chorus, shouting, “No! It’s too much.” Patrick Killingbeck directs the moody accompanying visuals. Has this ambivalent cut piqued your interest? Then keep it locked; Fire Breather isn’t attached to a larger set, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the Turn First signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Submit your Rating
Turn First Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"To the Hills" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.