Depending on how close you get, flames can keep you warm or char you to the bone. The same (metaphorically speaking) holds true for the man Booth newcomer Laurel addresses on her latest promo single, Fire Breather. The Southampton, UK representative showcases her chops as a vocalist, a songwriter and a beatsmith on this stark, sultry selection; the artist’s own reverb-drenched percussion, woozy synths and chopped samples accompany her as she struggles with her attraction to a dangerously alluring new guy. Though her breathy verses seem to depict her fully in his thrall, she tears herself free on the chorus, shouting, “No! It’s too much.” Patrick Killingbeck directs the moody accompanying visuals. Has this ambivalent cut piqued your interest? Then keep it locked; Fire Breather isn’t attached to a larger set, but we in the Booth will keep you posted on the Turn First signee’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/11/14
Turn First Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"To the Hills" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.